Dear Congregation and Friends of St Mary,
- We are holding a short Christmas Carol Service on Longcot Green at 6 pm on Sunday 20 December 2020, when we will be able to sing carols! The service will last about 25 minutes and will include three readings and six carols. The weather is likely to feel about 6 degrees (it’s 9 degrees officially) so do wrap up warm and bring a seat if you need one.
- Inevitably the COVID-19 guidance from both the Government and the Church of England need to be followed and, because we are not in a churchyard, there is an added degree of complexity to the rules. As a result of our latest risk assessment:
- There will now be a limit of 70 people allowed to attend the service. This will allow sufficient distance between individuals and family bubbles on the Green. (A family bubble can obviously all stand together.)
- Due to the limit on numbers, it has been decided to make the service a ticketed event. (This is a change to the original plan.) There is a link on both last week’s and this week’s Newsletter to the Eventbrite website, and also here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/shrivenham-and-ashbury-benefice-31799635095 If anybody is uncertain about using the electronic booking service, then please book through Lucy via the Benefice administrator’s e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01793 783519. As this is a first-come-first-served event, my strong recommendation is that you book now if you wish to attend.
- There will be a need to maintain the usual 2m social distance, except within family bubbles.
- We are asking everybody to wear masks, except those aged 11 or younger, or those with medical exemptions.
- Please follow any instructions given by the COVID Marshals, who will be wearing luminous yellow jackets.
- An e-copy of service sheet in booklet form is attached. Please print it and bring it with you, or save it onto your smart phone. For those who just want a large font 6-page sheet (like me), that is also attached.
Hope to see you there!
Church Warden St Mary The Virgin, Longcot