You will all know about the limitations imposed on our lives by COVID-19; we all need to keep members of our community safe. For that reason the trustees of Longcot Village Trust (LVT) have decided that they must take their own action to match the government’s advice on how to protect everyone from the coronavirus infection.

So, in common with many local and national organisations, LVT has postponed all of its public events until it is clear that audiences are safe. This means that we will have to:

  • Postpone the Trust’s Annual General Meeting until July at the earliest (we are required by the Charity Commission to hold one as a public meeting every year).
  • Cancel the evening concert scheduled for 9 May and a second concert that had been suggested for the middle of the summer. We hope that we may be able to schedule an Autumn concert but will have to wait to see how the coronavirus crisis plays out.

On a more positive note we can report that we are making progress with the Community Hub project in St Mary’s! We have had our first grant offer (rapidly accepted) and are waiting for decisions by another 8 or 9 charities.

Finally LVT is looking for a Chairperson to head up the charity and for volunteers who would like to help expand future community activity in the village by becoming a trustee. If you would be interested in contributing to village life in this way please contact Keith Reid the Trust Secretary on keith.e.reid@btinternet.com.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s